Tuesday, November 2, 2010

In Surgery Now



Mylee is having her tendon surgery today. The surgery itself was not scheduled until 2:00 which upset her a bit since she couldn't have anything to eat all day. When I told her that she said "What!? You gotta be kidding me?" She cracks me up.

Anyway, she continues to be her happy little self. We have already been given one update which started off by saying "she was so cute going to sleep." The one doctor had just finished taking out the expander and the other doctor was just getting started. When I asked how long it was going to take neither doctor could give me an answer. They said they really wouldn't know until they got in and got started. The nurse did tell us the surgery was scheduled for 3 hours, so we will see.

Mylee will definitely be staying overnight and will have a coddle (like an epidural) in to manage the pain in her leg for the night.

She is such a trooper. She marches in here like it is no big deal. My heart breaks for her because she has been through so much already in her short little life. She was so funny during registration because I honestly think she could have done the nurse's job. She kept asking when she was going to get her arm squeezed (blood pressure), when she was going to see her finger light up (oxygen level), and when are they going to bring my bed? She got to pick out her own socks and gown which just thrilled her. Of course the doctors and nurses are in love with her and just pretty much let her do whatever she wants. She knows most of them since we have been here so much.



When Dr. Havolick came in the first thing she said to him was "no more water, you can take the balloon out now."

Okay, I will do my best to continue to update. I have had some trouble getting on the Internet, so I bare with me.

1 comment:

Brendan and Melissa said...

I love that picture of her walking off to surgery in her red socks! (I think they're red?) Amazingly brave! And I have to laugh at her love/hate relationship with Dr. Havolik. Although it's probably more of the latter... :) Keep us posted!